Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's not all bad. . .














The few people that I know personally who have ADD/ADHD are some of the funniest people that I know.  And they'd be even funnier if they wouldn't forget the punch line half way through telling a joke! Ha!  Ba-dum chhh. . .

There aren't too many conditions/disorders out there whose symptoms give rise to slapstick and comic mayhem the way ADHD does. I mean, really, what's not funny about finding your spouse's cell phone in the freezer? 

If you're the owner of the frosty cell phone who just spent the morning tearing apart the laundry room because you are absolutely convinced that you left your phone in a laundry basket filled with your family's dirty socks (after all, where else would any sane person store a cell phone?), then you might not be laughing. . .at least not at that moment. 

But for all of us humans, I think, the ability to laugh at ourselves in appropriate - and some inappropriate - times is critical for our own happiness and that of others around us.  And let me tell you, ADHD generates a lot of excellent material!  Based on the little graphics that I found and am borrowing for this post, I do believe I'm not alone in that opinion.  So I shall leave you with a riddle.

Why did the chicken cross the road? 
Answer: He has no freaking idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment